Re: Let Jikes (finally) go into testing on its own...

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:44:34AM -0500, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> The problem is known, I pointed it out here at least once. Jikes
> provides all these wrappers jikes-* for different JVMs. This makes the
> source package dependant on ALL these JVMs. The result is that if ANY
> [*] them has problems going into testing - jikes has this problem too.

Could you please explain this further? To get into testing, why do these
jvm packages hold jikes up? Once all the packages have some version in
testing (which seems to be happening very soon), jikes will always get
into testing, even if these packages have RC bugs and are not themselves
getting newer versions into testing.

Jikes does not need versioned dependencies on these packages, so I don't
see what the problem is.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :