Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.3-0.2 (powerpc source)

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Gybas wrote:

However, building Kaffe for the other architectures has failed, in most cases while trying to rebuild the class library, e.g.:

I've seen it too, it's somewhat embarrassing that 1.1.3 fixes most build problems due to out-of-date sources, only to crash during the build.

Can somebody help with this?

There has been some progress on arm, I have to check in some patches that should make the arm jitter work nicely again, or so I was told.

For other platforms, we essentially need more developers native on those platforms to look into the compiler warnings, and fix them (easy step one, I guess), and try to fix the crashes (using a prebuilt rt.jar, and running the regression test suite, for example).

So, in short: we need more developers! Now is the time to join ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic