From contrib to main

Hi all,

I did prepare a web page to try to put as more debian-java packages in main.

http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/contrib.html

Introduction
------------

One of the problem of java packages in Debian is they need a non-free
JVM to be build or to run. The aim of this page is to bring the more
debian java packages to main. We can achieve this by building our
debian-java packages with free software. I did choose for my packages to
use cdbs as a build system because it's really easy and also because
Stefan Gybas made a framework for ant so it takes five lines to make a
package! I also choose to build my debian-java package with the latest
release of kaffe (as I write these lines, it's 1:1.1.3).

I did try to list all the java packages in contrib with this command
line:

$ export PKGS=$(grep-dctrl -s Package -s Section -s Depends\
 -d -F Depends,Suggests -e "java.*-runtime|java-virtual-machine"\
 /var/lib/dpkg/available|grep-dctrl -s Package -F Section contrib |\
 sed -e "s/Package: //" |grep -v tomcat)

so I've been able to download all the debian-sources with
$ apt-get source $PKGS
Debian is too good! ;)

Now, I parse all the packages to see why they are in contrib and how we
can change the situation.

Of course you can help! By improving this page, improving the list of
packages and improving the comments!

We have to know why the package is in contrib?! If it's a dependency
problem, we have to list them, if it does not build with free software,
we need the log failure so we can forward upstream.

Many thanks for your attention. Please, send all your comments to the
debian-java list <debian-java@lists.debian.org>.

Thanks for your attention and support and comments.

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud