Re: Eclipse problems

Hallo Mariano,

* Mariano García wrote:
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Control
>why does eclipse crash now???

It doesn't find the SWT implementation. Please compare what your
* $HOME/.eclipse/eclipsrc -> WS="..."
* update-alternatives --display libswt2.1-java

says and whether both (one, if only one of the SWT packages are
installed) links are actually there (if not, then it would be a bug).

The problem with this feature is, that it seems that this problem is
a little too common and I should write some test code to check,
whether a requested version is actually installed by he package manager.

This feature (changing the SWT implemantation on the fly) is debian
(and now JPackage.org -> Java RPM packages) specific and NOT
supported by upstream. Seems that I was too optimistic about the 'fail
quote'.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net