Re: findjava requirement

> Bash (that's what it is written in currently. But I guess, that plain
> sh isn't different here) will seperate all 'words' in your
> commandline, if you don't quote them. Words in this case means,
> everything, which is seperated by one of the chars in $IFS.

Right.  So when you have single command-line arguments that could
contain spaces and/or quotes, things can become very hairy very quickly.

> Anyway, it doesn't matter at all, as we can't use it when we don't
> want to have the requirement that *all* starter scripts have to be
> written in perl. findjava is use as in JAVACMD=$(findjava ...), so the
> *output* of the script is relevant and you can't preserve 'words' in
> this case.

Okay.  Having not had a chance to look at the scripts yet, I thought the
args to the java app were being passed to findjava.  If findjava will
only ever be given a small number of arguments whose values we already
know then this is less problematic.

Ben.