Re: Adding plugins for eclipse

Hallo David,

* David Goodenough wrote:
>I think I understand from the docs and bits I have found on the web that
>I should put the plugin in ~/.eclipse/eclipse/plugins, but I am not quite
>sure.  I tried that and it did not seem to work.

Have a look in the <workspace>/.metatdata/.config/platform.cfg file
and tell me if there is a
"site.1.url=file:/home/jan/.eclipse/eclipse/" like entry. also, your
installed features will show up there (feature.x.id=<feature ID>).

>Do I have to add anything to ~/.eclipse/user.links?

No, actually it should work when you are using teh unstable debs and
have the  subdir(s) '$HOME/.eclipse/eclipse/{plugins,features}'. The
entry in 'user.links' should be 'path=/home/../.eclipse'. Eclipse will
add the /eclipse/{features,plugins} bit by itself (stupid, because it
needs always be in a 'eclipse' dir...).

>Where do I put the plugins if I want them available to all users rather
>than just me?

/usr/local/share/eclipse/{plugins,features}, which is included from
the /usr/share/eclipse/liks/usr_local.links file (read only for the
update manager!).

Hm, haven't I put that into the README.Debian? I will have a look to
add it to the FAQ there.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net