Re: [PROPOSAL] 3. RfD on new debian java policy

Hallo Jan,

Just a smal update, which I forgot last night...

* Jan Schulz wrote:
>2.6. Java programs
[...]

>Applications may honor the user set JAVA_HOME evironment variable,
>while looking for a useable java virtual maschine. If so, this must
>be clearly stated in the manpage and, if possible, at runtime. The
>programm does not need to make sanity checks, whether this java
>virtual maschine will work or not.

Application, which allow to pre-set or overwrite the CLASSPATH need
to state this in the manpage and, if possible, at runtime.

[...]

This two paragraphs are to make sure, that this aren't any hidden
features, which will completly mess up arbitrary programms, if set
before starting this programm.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net