Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

I'm afraid that I agree with Matt. As much as I like the idea of
abstract dependencies it seems that it will become much more complex and
much harder than just depending on a runtime that is known to work. The
core issue being that there are far fewer VMs than there are possible
base class library dependencies. Easier just to say "j2sdk1.4 | kaffe |
orp" if that is what is known to work.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com