Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

Hallo Dalibor,

* Dalibor Topic wrote:
>>>class if they don't appear on the command line. Well, surprise,
>>>kaffe's java compiler, kjc, does not, and there is no spec saying a
>>>compiler needs to do it.
>> IMO, in this cases its better to go with 'everybody'... This should be
>> a one line change...
>I don't think so. [...]

I meant just the rt.jar. The rest must anyway be dealt with by the DD,
as the Dependency information needs to be setup.

>> Then at least the unfree should be made working with our packaging.
>I can't tell people what to do with their time, though I'd prefer to
>see people helping to make free as in speech java implementations
>rock, instead of making it easy to trade freedom for comfort.

But IMO, we shouldn't force them to it. Or punish them with fixing a
problem, which could easily be dealt with at packing level. especially
as we are not talking about some tiny special program, but java.

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."