Re: [PROPOSAL] New Virtual Packages and way to handle Classpath

hi Jan,

--- Jan Schulz <jasc.usenet@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hallo Ross,

> Anyway, I'm quite biased, as until now I was only a 'consumer', and
> this and other 'unfree' lizenses never happend to limit what I wanted
> to do.

Are you sure you've read Sun's license? ;)

> I might need a bit debian-legal reading to get into a different /the
> right mind for Debian :)

I know that if you just want to get stuff done, and simply use java, all this
fundamentalist criticism from the side lines is no great help. But experiance
taught some of us that freedom is better than temporary comfort ;) Read up on
some of the GNU philosophy on the gnu.org web pages, that should be a good
start to learn more about the value of freedom as in speech ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic