Re: Recognizing gcj as default StandardVM (JRE System Library)

Hallo Arnaud,

* Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>Jan Schulz <jasc.usenet@gmx.de> wrote:
>I think eclipse is in contrib  because it needs (at the moment) j2sdk to
>compile and j2re  to run. If you are able to  compile eclipse with jikes
>and run it with kaffe or another free JVM, it could go to main.

If the RH Site is right, it will compile with gcj and run as native
*or* will run in *interpreter* modus with gcj. I haven't tried jikes
yet, but I can use the eclipse compiler itself to compile eclipse, if
thats needed...

>Eclipse build with ant and Stefan is working to move ant to main.

If eclipse is able to run with gcj, ant should be, too?!

[what about native java libs]

Don't ask me :( I have no idea about this. Any pointers welcome...

>>when will learnig ever stop...
>NEVER!.. ;)

Pitty... :)

>I've  got to learn C/C++, Perl  (you remember dh_ant?!), and
>some lisp because I love emacs too much! :-D

:)

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net