Re: Eclipse upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thanks for you answer.

The only thing, what someone could do, would be to package a eclipse-snapshot package.
I somebody does it, plase announce it here.

I looked at eclipse's internal "software upgrade" feature, but I take it that it will not upgrade across major versions like this, right? By the way, do software upgrades play well with the debian packaging? Or is it untested?

CDT and when that is ready, trying to get my exams done...).

Good luck for all that! ;-)

Why the hell is someone releasing a plugin for a feature, which is
two days old and is not supporting the old behaviour (task view had the problem markers)...

Well, this plugin is not really released, it's a prototype, and i'm a beta-tester, sort of ;-)

Does somebody happen to know if using "task" or "problems" is just a matter of changing one class name, or do they have different APIs? How is the transition supposed to happen? By releasing two versions of each plugin, depending on the target eclipse platform version?

I will release a new version of the current eclipse branch (2.1 or
2.1.1, if it is released until then) on next sunday/monday

Great, thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Daniel