Re: build .deb packages on jpackage, too ?

Le sam 07/06/2003 à 14:21, Jens Skripczynski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask, if the jpackage site would host debian packages as well,
> as the rpm packages.
> I found it great, while using my RH system. But now i switched to
> debian and tried to locate some debian file (since the site mentioned
> the apt-get port, I thought debian packages would be provided as
> well).

[...]

I'd love to provide debian packages also. As you wrote, even if the
packaging system is different, a *lot* of the work on java
infrastructure, scripts, build patches and inter-package dependencies
could be shared.

Unfortunately the current project members have their hands full and
unless a few debian users step in (just like we've got good RH/Mdk
coverage via RH/Mdk contributors) it won't be done.

[ CCing to debian-java ]

Nicolas Mailhot