Re: java sun & debian

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, [utf-8] linux.anc@email.it wrote:
[install instructions; asume they're correct]

> however, each swing frame I try to launch I've got a crash and the
> follwing error:
>
> An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4C5258B4
> Function=(null)+0x4C5258B4
> Library=/usr/local/lib/j2sdk1.4.1_02/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so
>
> NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
>       just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
>       reason and solutions.

[skip error message]

Sounds like it tried to access some lib through the native interface.
My guess is you're either trying to run the jdk on a glibc 2.3.1+ system,
and the jdk/glibc are not patched for the symbol-export problem, or you're
trying to interact with a c++ lib compiled with a different version of gcc
than is the jdk.

> I've got a Sid installed, and my PC is an Athlon...

Sid uses glibc 2.3.x but AFAIK it is patched to let people continue to use
the unpatched Sun/Blackdown JDKs, amongst others.

> I'm not sure I can solve this problem (does anyone can help me?) and
> I'm thinking to migrating to the blackdown one. Another question:
> which  package I have to download? the gcc3.2 one or the gcc2.95 one?

The gcc3.2 one. Sid defaults to that version of gcc and c++ compiled with
it cannot work with c++-binaries from older versions of gcc.

hth
Thomas
--

	In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker.
	In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.