Re: Solution for CLASSPATH revisited

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 07:25:30PM -0700, Nicos Panayides wrote:

> After suggestions from Ola I extended the classloaded and it now works
> with package dependencies.

If java is to be used in applications similar to traditional C shared
libraries, it is going to need to have version information embedded in the
library (jar) itself, just as shared libraries do, unless the classes
themselves can be used as a suitable signature.  I don't think that we can
effectively solve this problem with wrappers, and others will require a more
general solution as well.

--
 - mdz