Re: [PROPOSAL] Add some package from 'classpath'

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 08:51, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> The proposal is to have more package from classpath. IMHO the hack
> would be trivial and I'd be glad to help.
>
> With this proposal, we could have these packages in Debian main:
>
> - libgnujta-java (java transaction api)
> - libgnujdbc-stdext-java (jdbc standard extensions)
> - libswing-java (YES! a free swing implementation)
	How complete is libswing-java?

Why does this need a proposal?
As far as I can tell, you are suggesting that parts of classpath are
packaged. This is usually just done by filing ITPs on WNPP and then
uploading the package. Or file RFPs if you don't want to do the work
yourself.

I fully agree with getting more parts of classpath into Debian though,
particularly libxmlj which I need for the latest gjdoc :)

Another major boost to java in debian would be to get ant moved to main
- I think it's possible, but would need a little work.
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :