Re: new eclipse 2.1 deb

* Mariano Kamp <mkamp@gmx.de> wrote:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError encountered while running
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.builders.ManifestConsistencyChecker. (copied by
> hand) ...

check $HOME/eclipse/.metadata/.log for the exact error message. Or
run eclipse from teh console and specify the right debug options.
There is one, which copies all output to .log to the console. An
.options file can be found in the pde plugin dir.

>   I also downloaded 2.1/gtk2 as zip file and tried to create a new
> plugin project with all the defaults (so almost empty). It worked, but
> repeating that steps with the packaged version gave me the same error
> message as mentioned above.

This is most likely a error due to some missing Xerces
functionality. Here, I can't open a plugin.xml, eclipse just gives
me a "...Schema..."-Error. This goes away, when you replace the
links to both of the xerces jars with the real files from the
eclipse.zip drop (or, when building from source, with the jars in
./build-tree/plugins/*xerces*/*jar.

Just rm the links and then copy the jars into the dir.
Maybe you can try this out and report back.

Jan