Re: Strange error after upgrading to 1.4.1

On 2003.03.27 10:33 Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 14:55, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> I just upgraded my work machine to Blackdown's 1.4.1 package, having

> previously used 1.3.1 for development. Now, when I run my ANT
script,
> I'm seeing the following error message:
>
> run:
> Mar 27, 2003 9:54:11 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$3 run
> WARNING: Could not create system preferences directory. System
> preferences are unusable.

With my psychic powers, I can tell you that your home drive is on NFS.

Nope. It's a local drive.

If I'm right, this is a known JDK bug, and it sucks. Expect to see
this
message all the time... :(

Is the bug also present when the file system is local? --
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@databasix.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>