Jboss, Apache2 and mod_jk2

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Jboss with Apache2 but I'm struggling with the jk2
connector. The Apache2 install was done using apt-get while the Jboss (
jboss-3.0.6_tomcat-4.1.18) install was just a case of unzipping a
binary. As it stands both Apache2 and Jboss start and run perfectly.

To link the two together I've been attempting to use modjk2. Using the
documentation that I have I've added this section to
~jboss/server/default/deploy/tomcat41-service.xml:

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

and removed the origional entry for port 8009. I've also created a file
/etc/apache2/conf.d/workers2.properties:

Config:]
file=/etc/apache2/conf.d/workers2.properties
debug=0
ebugEnv=0

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=0
disabled=0

# Define the communication channel
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp
context=/examples

[uri:/examples/servlets/*]
info=Map the whole webapp - servlets

[uri:/examples/*.jsp]
info=Map the whole webapp - jsp

In apache2.conf I've added this section:

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
   LoadModule jk2_module mods-enabled/mod_jk2.so
</IfModule>

Next I startup jboss (fine) then I try to startup apache2 but I get this
error:

Starting web server: Apache2Syntax error on line 1 of
/etc/apache2/conf.d/workers2.properties:
Invalid command '[Config:]', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

It seems that Apache2 is unable to understand workers2.properties. That
would suggest that mod_jk.so isn't getting loaded properly yet if I
remove workers2.properties Apache2 starts fine (and I assume it's

I had this working under RedHat a while back using this config but the
way that Debian's install of Apache2 handles modules seems quite
different. I'm not sure how to use this mods-enabled, mods-available
directories.

If anyone has any info or pointers it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Andy