Re: Eclipse2.1RC1 package

Hello Tom,

Sorry for the personal mail, didn't see, that the list was
included as well.

* Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:
[swt]
> Porting to PPC should be very easy.  I've built it (the one from
> Eclipse 2.0.1) on my PPC box but I've never actually tested it.
> However, note that SWT is not 64-bit clean.  So certain ports will be
> very difficult.

File Bugs :) If I read your email right, you're (-> your
firm..) actually a member of the eclipse board, so ... :))

Anyway, I think the eclipse Team will be very happy if somone sends
them patches for such things (the whole new ant editor came from
someone outside OTI). It may not get into 2.1 (feature freeze since
some weeks), but even if they don't include linux/ppc or any other
linux platform into the official list, they won't refuse such
thingies. debian is also not 'officially' on this list... works
nevertheless great here :)

Jan, just doing java stuff and that also more or less just for
fun... never tried to compile swt on my own.