Re: Status of GCC 3.2 and java?

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Rupa Schomaker wrote:

> Will there be a version of the JDK that is built with GCC 3.2?  Now
> that the transition is on-going in unstable, it would be nice to be
> able to get the JDK in sync with the rest.
>
> eg: You can't use the java plugin with Mozilla anymore because Mozilla
> is being built with 3.2.

>From the status page
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/jdk1.4-status.html

"The ix86 Version is available in two flavors: One built with gcc-2.95.4
and one built with gcc-3.2.1."

Sparc seems to be gcc-3.2.1 only.

AFAIK there're no debs yet and only 1.4.1 currently has a gcc 3.2.x build.

regards,
Thomas
--

	- I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met