Re: Please change jikes-sable => jikes-sablevm (NEED INPUT!)

A word from Etienne M. Gagnon - upstream author (forwarded).

The name of the virtual machine is "SableVM", not "Sable VM".  The
> Sable Research Group of McGill+UQAM universities has many projects,
> including SableCC and SableVM.  Using the group name (Sable), instead
> of the project name (SableVM) could cause much complications
> "upstream", as if confused users start complaining that "Sable" is
> buggy, what would they mean?  Which of SableCC, SableVM, Soot is
> buggy?  Also, it gets difficult to distinguish between addressed to
> the whole group and messages addressed to a particular project.
>
> Sorry for any trouble this is causing you (and for the extra two
> characters).  ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Etienne

I'd like to add that:
- in the request for wrapper there has been jikes-sablevm name
requested
- We'd like to have full consistency here, especially in the tool name.
Using -sable for SableVM is at least inconsistent (see Etienne's
explaination above).

Because Adam seems to be serious on the voting thing - I need to ask
you to vote "pro change". Else - I'll have to add jikes-sablevm wrapper
somewhere to SableVM packages and this way - archive bloat will grow.

Thank you for you understanding

				Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org>