Package "Servlet Runner"?

Dear (Debian) Java Developers,

I'm trying to pack a Java web application which should depend on a servlet
runner in general, not Tomcat in specific. Therefore, I tried to find an
abstract package "servlet-runner" (like "java-common") or something similar, but
there isn't any, which means that I need to pack it for Tomcat4 or just Tomcat
or even without a servlet runner dependency, which would mean that the
application would not be available at all without having installed a Tomcat.

This post is meant as a discussion base; I'm quite new to this list and don't
know who is responsible for this type of problems/questions (or if there is a
solution already...).

Thanx in advance for any suggestions
Florian

Florian Steinsiepe
florian@steinsiepe.ch

--
This message was sent using Sake Mail, a web-based email tool from
Endymion Corporation.  http://www.endymion.com/products/sake