Re: Debianized Eclipse 2.1M5

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Roberto Franchini wrote:

> On Sunday 09 February 2003 02:52, Takashi Okamoto wrote:
> > I uploaded  initial eclipse 2.1M4 package though it may very ugly
> > now. Please check here:
> >
> > http://yamaguch.sytes.net/~tora/tmp/eclipse
>
> I try this packages, but somethig doesn't works.
> I can't install libeclipse and Eclipse doesn't start with old libeclise
> installed

I tried a few things as well this morning and found some other problem as
well.

[snip descriptons]
> So it depends on kdelibs3 and libmotif.

Only available in stable and testing unfortunately. Both have been renamed
and renewed. Removing the kdelibs-dependency and changing the libmotif
dependency to 'depends: libmotif | libmotif3' would be my recommendation
to solve this.

But another dependency is more serious: liblucene-java.
That one isn't available anywhere in debian nor in the same archive as
the eclipse debs. Does anyone know of another public archive where I can
find this package in debianised form?

> I'm running kde3.1, based on kdelibs4. Again, eclipse seems to use only
> libgtk; in fact the old version of libeclipse depends on libgtk:

That would indeed make more sense.
Is splitting up the components needing gtk and motif and have the rest
depend on either of these an option? Something like 'eclipse-common
depends: eclipse-gtk | eclipse-motif'.

regards,
Thomas
--

	Underlying most arguments against the free market
	is a lack of belief in freedom itself.