Re: JBOSS debs updated

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Joe Phillips wrote:

> I spent yesterday rebuilding and testing my debs.  The versions
> currently on my company site[1] have been tested to properly start/stop
> the server without exceptions.

Just been trying the debs out (apt-get install jboss jboss-doc), and came
across the following problems:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,false) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/share/jboss/server/default/log/boot.log (Permission denied)

(Fixed by chown -R jboss /usr/share/jboss)

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url
file:/usr/share/jboss/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml could not be opened, does it exist?

(Fixed by apt-get install jboss-server-all, then editing
/etc/default/jboss and setting which server to start to "all")

After all that, there's still no sign of life from JBoss on 8080 or
8082... :-(

Andrew.

--
All views are my own .... who else would want them?