Re: Eclipse crash when I add a plugin

Mariano,

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:29:13 +0100, Mariano Garcia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My eclipse crash whenever I install a new plugin. I decompress the
> plugins into /usr/local/share/eclipse/plugins directory, and I get
> exceptions like this:

[...]
> I am using blackdown java 1.4 (downloaded from
> http://jopa.studentenweb.org). And it crash when I install these two
> plugins: easy struts 0.6.4 and JCraft CVS-SSH2 0.1.0. They works with my
> eclipse downloaded from official site.
>
> Do you know what is the problem? Maybe permissions about
> /usr/local/share/eclipse/plugins files?

I've found that the Blackdown's java runtime 1.4.1 (from which Jopa's
Debian packages are based) expose quite a few bugs with a eclipse
(crashes when installing plugins as the one you describe, and also when
running some wizards).

Using the Sun's latest 1.4.2 runtime (together with Hubert Schmid's
mpkg-j2sdk/j2se-package scripts at
<http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~ude2/debian/>) solved the problem
quite nicely for me.

IANAL, but AFAIK it's not possible to freely redistribute Sun's java
runtimes.

Jose Fonseca