Re: Eclipse keeps crashing

Hallo Jan,

* Jan Tvorup wrote:
>I'm attempting to run eclipse, but it keeps crashing after the Splash
>Screen is shown (which is sometimes twice)

The two times isn't a problem. The below stack traces are :( I haen'T
seen them so far, but it seems that some classes are missing.

>eclipse has been installed using apt-get and the following packages are
>installed:
>eclipse-platform (2.1.1-7)
>eclipse-javac (2.1.1-7)

If thats the only packages of eclipse, that we have the problem :)
Please send the output of

jan@snoopy:~$ dpkg -l |grep "eclipse"
ii  eclipse-javac  2.1.2-1        Eclipse Java compiler and ant plug-in
ii  eclipse-jdt    2.1.2-1        Java Development Tools plug-ins for Eclipse
ii  eclipse-pde    2.1.2-1        Plug-in Development Environment to develop E
ii  eclipse-platfo 2.1.2-1        Eclipse platform without plug-ins to develop
ii  eclipse-sdk    2.1.2-1        Extensible Tool Platform and Java IDE
ii  eclipse-source 2.1.2-1        Eclipse source code plug-ins
ii  eclipse-webdav 2.1.2-1        Eclipse FTP and WebDAV Support
jan@snoopy:~$ dpkg -l |grep "swt"
ii  libswt2.1-gtk2 2.1.2-1        Fast and rich GUI toolkit for Java, gtk2 ver
ii  libswt2.1-moti 2.1.2-1        Fast and rich GUI toolkit for Java, motif ve
jan@snoopy:~$

[if anybody knows how to get grep accepting ".*(eclipse|swt).*"...]

>missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in "org.junit".

Ouhu, another one never yet seen :( Is your
/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.junit.../*jar link broken?

>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.getJobManager()Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/jobs/IJobManager;

Are you sure, that you ar eruning the 2.1 version? My version of that
class has no such method. AFAIK, this methods (or better 'Jobs') were
introduced in 3.0 Stream, so 2.1 shouldn't know about it at all...

Jan
--
Jan Schulz                     jasc@gmx.net
     "Wer nicht fragt, bleibt dumm."