Re: J2EE on debian

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 05:52, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:34:55 +0100
> Mariano García <mariano.garcia@optivamedia.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> Hi,
> > Someone could tell me where I can find an apt source in order to install
> > j2ee support on my debian machine? I am using blackdown extra official
> > package for j2se, but I need j2ee.
>
> Not at the moment but we are working on it ;)
>
> There are two ITP of jboss, see
> http://bugs.debian.org/122453
>
> and more recently, maybe with a package to review:
> http://bugs.debian.org/120237

I have made a JBOSS package for woody and it is available on my package
archive[1].

Admittedly, it's an older version of JBOSS and getting older all the
time.  I am hoping to package 3.2+ RSN but honestly don't think I have
time to do it alone in the near future.

JBOSS is so large a system and changes so rapidly, I think it really
should be a team effort to package.

Feel free to check out my packages and use them as a starting point if
you wish.

-joe
[1] http://debian.innovationsw.com

--