Re: Library problem with gnome|gtk-java?

--- Juergen Kreileder <jk@blackdown.de> wrote:
> Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:
>
> > What about a port of 1.4.x for powerpc?
>
> There are some people working on porting HotSpot to PPC.  Do you want
> to help?

Unfortunately, working with Sun's code means you can't contribute to clean room
efforts any more, so I one has to pick sides: help Blackdown with Sun's code,
or help clean-room efforts to write powerpc jits [1] ;)

[1] Kaffe-based JanosVM 1.0 has the beginning of a powerpc jitter.

cheers,
dalibor topic