Library problem with gnome|gtk-java?

Hi all, Hi Mark,

I did try libgtk0-java and libgnome0-java on my G3. I did copy/paste the
first example[1]  on the site. No  problem to compile but  no success to
run!.. I did try with kaffe, gij, and java (Blackdown 1.3)...

Here is the error with Blackdown's runtime:

arnaud@debian:~/docs/java/gnome$ export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/share/java/gnome.jar:/usr/share/java/gtk.jar
arnaud@debian:~/docs/java/gnome$ java First
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no GTKJava in java.library.path
        at org.gnu.glib.GObject.<clinit>(GObject.java:154)
        at First.main(First.java:10)

I solved the problem with:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/jni

The question is:
Is /usr/lib/jni in the library path?

If no, shouldn't it be?

After setting  up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it runs with  gij-3.3, kaffe (several
warnings), Blackdown's java, but not with sablevm (1.0.8).

[1] http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/docs/GNOME-tutorial/c28.html

-- Arnaud Vandyck
   http://alioth.debian.org/users/arnaud-guest/