Re: ANN: Jetty package on mentors.debian.net

Philipp Meier wrote:

I'd just wanted to let you know, that there is now a jetty package on
mentors.debian.net. Please feel free test the package. If there is
positive feedback I will look to make jetty go into debian, soon.

I just took a look at the diff.gz and it looks very good. Well done!

Just some minor issues:

- Build dependencies on libmx4j-java and liblog4j-java are missing.
  You are using mx4j.jar and log4j-core.jar in debian/rules.

- debian/jetty.init contains a comment about "Tomcat 4" before
  JETTY_USER. ;-)

- debian/jetty.xml: Isn't it insecure to use a hard-coded password for
  the SSL listener on port 8443?

- You don't need debian/conffiles since debian/compat == 4.

- You should rename debian/{pre,post}{inst,rm} to debian/jetty.*

- debian/ant.properties: javac.debug should be on to get a more useful
  stack trace when an exception was thrown.

- You are not using /usr/share/java/webapps, are you?

BTW, it's a very good idea to use "-propertyfile debian/ant.properties" for Ant. I'll use this for my own packages in the future. "/etc/init.d/jetty check" is also a good idea.

Stefan