Re: Getting a Java package in the distribution?

D.Hansmann wrote:

I'll work on the package and fix it soon! Integrating the ant build process seems interesting too, even if i don't know why somebody should

Just take a look at the libcommons-*-java packages, they are pretty good exmaples for building a package with Ant. As soon as Ant has moved to main (when we get Kaffe 1.1 as Debian package), there will be some examples of packages in main that are built using Ant.

build a java package from source (without changing it before)? There
probably won't be a speed improvement... ;)

Hey, that's what free/open source software is about! :-) Think for example of security updates: They are very difficult if you don't build the package from the source code. And you never know what's inside a JAR if you don't build it yourself -- there might be non-free classes in there accidentally.

Stefan