trying to install tomcat 4.1.24 from unstable

Greetings!

    I'm trying to install Tomcat 4.1.24-2 from the unstable section,
and I'm running into a wall.  It depends on "j2re1.4" or "java2-runtime",
neither of which seems to exist. I have installed the Sun JDK 1.4.1_02 manually,
so there actually is a Java 1.4 runtime, and I installed the "java-common"
package, but I don't know how to get around this unmet dependency.  Do I need
to make a dummy package? I've never packaged anything before, either .deb or .rpm,
and while I'd like to learn, a project deadline looms near.

Any suggestions?  Both "quick and dirty" fixes and "The Right Way" solutions
are welcome.

    ...Bob Langford...

--
Bob Langford
Silicon Masters Consulting, Inc.    8207 Stone River Court, Richmond, VA  23235