Re: [Possible mass filing of bugs] libraries not depending on java.-runtime

Mark Howard <mh@tildemh.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   A lot of java libraries do not depend on java.-runtime (policy section
> 2.4 - Java libraries must depend on the needed runtime environment
> (java1-runtime and/or java2-runtime))

These are virtual packages, do we have to providea real package with it?
if yes which?

Depends: java2-runtime | j2re1.3 | j2re1.4

> Does this warrant a mass filing of bugs?

Which severity do you plan to put in the bug?

> ara -list '!Depends=~/java.\-runtime/ & Package=~/lib.*java$/i' | wc -l
> 51

Is  it  so  mutch  as  some   Depends  on  other  libs  that  depend  on
java.-runtime? ;)

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.