Fw: [VOTE] FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan

Hi all,

With the  information I forward, I'd  like to know what  you think about
having a release of the final 1.0 of libcommons-fileupload-java?

Do I have to wait for a new tomcat4 release? or may I go?

Thanks,

-- Arnaud Vandyck, STE fi, ULg
   Formateur Cellule Programmation.
--- Begin Message ---

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I read a mail a while ago about the release candidate of fileupload that
> explain this release break tomcat!?

Some changes to FileUpload did break the *nightly* build of Tomcat, but a
patch was provided and has been applied, so there is no longer a problem.

> Is it true?
>
> If yes, which version of tomcat are affected?

You'll need to ask the Tomcat team about that, but I believe currently
only the nightly builds of Tomcat 4.x and 5.x use the latest FileUpload.

> As Debian maintainer  of fileupload, I'd like to know if  I have to tell
> Debian users if they have to  upgrade tomcat (and which version) if they
> install Fileupload v1.0.

Tomcat bundles its own copy of FileUpload, as do several other projects,
so that issues like this do not occur. If someone tried to *replace* the
version bundled with an older version of Tomcat with FileUpload 1.0, that
would cause a problem for the Tomcat apps that use it. However, using
FileUpload 1.0 in your own apps running on top of Tomcat should not be a
problem, since you will be the one writing to the FileUpload API.

--
Martin Cooper