Re: Eclipse upgrade

* Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr> wrote:
> Are there plans to upgrade the eclipse packages to a newer version of
> eclipse? The current ones (in 2.1-5) date back to march.

Not in the moment: Eclipse will be going through a very unstable
period, as they will change a lot API. I think the next milestone
will not be that good, as the API isn't stable between milestones
either... Most of the plugins will probably break in the next
few weeks... And as the features are mostly 'groundwork' IMO it
isn't worth updating yet...

The only thing, what someone could do, would be to package a
eclipse-snapshot package. Unfortunatelly this will not happen
from my site until I have more webspace (>40MB only for sources)
and also more time (I'm currently doing the eclipse packages and
CDT and when that is ready, trying to get my exams done...).

> I happen to use a plugin that requires the "Problems" views, which I
> can't find in eclipse in Debian. I suspect this was added in a newer
> version of eclipse (if anybody can confirm or inform that...).

Yes, that was added *after* 3.0M1.

Why the hell is someone releasing a plugin for a feature, which is
two days old and is not supporting the old behaviour (task view
had the problem markers)...

I will release a new version of the current eclipse branch (2.1 or
2.1.1, if it is released until then) on next sunday/monday
(depending on my Harry Potter reading exercise :). Shortly
afterwards I will add the motif bindings and will rename the
libswt-java package.

Jan, eclipse maintainer