Re: Java AWT for Debian?

At 19:29 02/06/2003 +0200, Daniel Bonniot wrote:
cat > Test0.java << EOF
class Test0 {
       static int foo { return 0; }
}
EOF

I don't believe this is valid Java source, because of missing parentheses. It should be:
   static int foo () { return 0; }

Obviously not valid -- My fault . The original is sintactically correct, however.

What error message do you get with the various compilers?

Hadn't really taken a look at them ( just tested the 'configure' script ). I must be getting old ... ( maybe it's just because i'm tired )
Sorry. Guess i have sounded like a complete "luser" :$

j2dk1.4:
Package javax.jnlp does not exist  ( I assume i need some extra packages :-|  )

gcj-3.3 + classpath + libpja-java
error: Undefined variable or class name: `javax.jnlp.ServiceManager'

jikes + jikes-classpath:
didn't even "boot" -- complains about not finding classes. What should I define CLASSPATH to ?

Daniel

Thanks in advance