Re: uploading mpkg-j2sdk

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 09:32:13PM +0200, Hubert Schmid wrote:

> On Sat, 31 May 2003, Jan Schulz wrote:
>
> > * Hubert Schmid <h.schmid@gmx.de> wrote:
> [mpkg-j2sdk]
> >
> > Would you mind also providing 'j2re1.(4|3)' and would it be possible to
> > extend your script to JREs as well?
>
> I am currently not sure about this. There are two possibilities:
>
>  - the 'blackdown way': four packages are created from the binary Java2
>    SDK:
> [...]
>  - or build different packages from the Java2 RE and the Java2 SDK binary
>    archives, i.e:
>
>    Built from j2re:
> [...]
>    Built from j2sdk:

The packaging should correspond to the upstream release cycle.  If JRE and
JSDK are always released together (and so JRE is always simply a subset of
JSDK) it is fine to build all packages from the JSDK.  If they are sometimes
released separately, they should be packaged separately.

For all the JDKs I work with, the JRE and JSDK are released together as a
unit, so I build all custom packages from the JSDK only.

--
 - mdz