Re: java newbie: gcj can't find its own jars?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:38:28PM -0400, Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:

> What extra configuration is needed for gcj-3.3 to work?  I have a fresh
> installation of it, but it can't access its own jar and lib for the
> standard packages.  They are on the CLASSPATH, as shown by the -v output
> below.  I'm running Sid.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan
>
> ex.:
> -----
> import java.lang.Math.*;

If you either delete this line (I don't think it's necessary) or replace it
with:

import java.lang.Math;

this works fine.  This seems reasonable, since java.lang.Math isn't a
package, and .* doesn't really make sense.

Your original code does compile with jikes, though, which is surprising,
since jikes is usually pretty strict.  This may in fact be a bug in gcj, if
this adheres to the java language spec.

--
 - mdz