Re: java sun & debian

Hello!

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, [utf-8] linux.anc@email.it wrote:
> [install instructions; asume they're correct]
:-) (I hope so, too!) This evening or tomorrow (Italy TZ) I'll post some references about it.

> > however, each swing frame I try to launch I've got a crash and the
> > follwing error:
> >
> > An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
> > Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4C5258B4
> > Function=(null)+0x4C5258B4
> > Library=/usr/local/lib/j2sdk1.4.1_02/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so
> >
> > NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
> > just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
> > reason and solutions.
> >
> [skip error message]
>
> Sounds like it tried to access some lib through the native interface.
> My guess is you're either trying to run the jdk on a glibc 2.3.1+ system,
> and the jdk/glibc are not patched for the symbol-export problem, or you're
> trying to interact with a c++ lib compiled with a different version of gcc
> than is the jdk.
I'm not sure, but I guess you are right: the SUN site says Java:
"... This version (1.4.1) of the Java 2 SDK is supported on Intel Pentium platforms running the Linux kernel v 2.2.12 and glibc v2.1.2-11 or later ..."

> > I've got a Sid installed, and my PC is an Athlon...
>
> Sid uses glibc 2.3.x but AFAIK it is patched to let people continue to use
> the unpatched Sun/Blackdown JDKs, amongst others.
>
> > I'm not sure I can solve this problem (does anyone can help me?) and
> > I'm thinking to migrating to the blackdown one. Another question:
> > which package I have to download? the gcc3.2 one or the gcc2.95 one?
>
> The gcc3.2 one. Sid defaults to that version of gcc and c++ compiled with
> it cannot work with c++-binaries from older versions of gcc.
Thanks: i'm starting to download j2sdk-1.4.1-01-linux-i586-gcc3.2.bin.

Linux-anc
Linux-anc (linux-anc@libero.it linux.anc@email.it) registered as user #170611 with the Linux Counter

----
Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: clicca qui

Sponsor:
Non hai ancora aperto Conto Arancio? Allora clicca qui.
Clicca qui