Re: Packager friendly classloader attempt 3

Hello again.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 08:56:27AM -0700, Nicos Panayides wrote:
> Hi again,
> after more suggestions from the list the classloader works as follows:
>
> Typical invocation:
> deb-java package class

Just some thoughts.

> - Reads a file with the name of the package (which is to provided by the
> package) under /usr/share/debian-classloader/
>
> - Loads classpath and dependency information from the file.

Did you tell what the format of this file is? I do not remember. :)
It it the below one?

> - Reads the files for the (direct and indirect) dependencies.

Ok. Do it handle recursive dependencies? How are the indirect classpath:s
resolved/inserted? Yes I could read the code but today I'm lazy.

What I want to know (in other words) is where in the classpath a indirect
dependency is added (pre, post).

> - Missing files for required packages give an error, and missing files
> for recommended packages a warning.

Ok. Can you supress the warning thing?

> - Builds the minimum possible classpath based on that information.
> Requires are listed first, then recommends and then suggests

Nice!

> - Calls the main method of the class given.
>
> The structure of the package information file is:
>
> classpath = /usr/share/java/package.jar: ...
> depends = necessary-package1 ...
> recommends = important-package1 ...
> suggests = good-to-have-package1 ...
>
> Any line may be ommited.
> To hardcode something in the classpath use the DEB_CLASSPATH environment
> variable (to avoid conflicts with user supplied classpaths).
>
> Please try it out and let me know what you think (see the examples in
> the doc directory to get an idea).
>
> package/sources at: http://anarxia.dyndns.org:2180/debian/pool

Ok, I'll look at it when I can catch some time. (Do not expect it too
early though... :( )

Regards,

// Ola