Re: blackdown java 1.4.1 + mozilla 1.2

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Creepy wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> using blackdown 1.4.1 and mozilla 1.3 @ debian sid here and everything's
> fine.
> Anybody has an idea why this same java and mozilla 1.2 may not work
> together (on another box)? The applets just wont appear, they are just

Could be you have a jdk 1.4.1 compiled with gcc 3.2 and a mozilla with gcc
2.95 (or vice-versa). The plugin uses a few bits of c++ and g++ 3.2
compiled binaries don't work with anything compiled with older versions
of gcc.
Blackdown released both a gcc 2.95 and a gcc 3.2 compiled version (at
least in the tar.gz dunno about the debs).

> grey nothing more. There is no 1.3 mozilla deb so I don't install it to
> try, but an older java was alright with this older mozilla.
> Guess I must find out which version it was, unless somebody has an idea
> about it...

hth.

regards,
Thomas
--

	     You have changed the signature included in your e-mail.
	For these changes to take effect, you must restart your computer!