Re: j2sdk build-depends cannot be satisfied?

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 01:47, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> > Mmm, another idea, java is supposed to be arch-independant bytecode, so
> > you should maybe build your package arch: all instead of arch: any.
>
> Oh, I forgot to mention that... nbio is a JNI-based package (it
> provides non-blocking I/O via system libraries), and as such isn't
> arch-independent.  That's the root of my problem, I guess.

gcj is supposed to come with a working jni implementation and comes with
gij (GNU Interpreter for Java) for interpreting bytecode. What exactly
doesn't work with gcj? Could you please file a bug report?
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
That way we at least know about the issue.

Also Kaffe, Kissme and SableVM (all part of Debian now) should be able
to run java byte code and jni code.

Cheers,

Mark