Re: CLASSPATH and Jikes

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 02:13:32PM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
>     Colin> That sounds like it would work better with autobuilders,
>     Colin> too - you could build-depend on jikes (>= foo), invoke
>     Colin> jikes-kaffe, and expect it to work everywhere.
>
> What he said

This is a nice idea. At the risk of bloating Packages a bit more,
I think I'll implement this instead of using debconf. Much easier for
each user to select what classes they want to compile with.

Nevertheless, there still remains the problem with alternatives and
javac. Right now I have jikes set on a relatively low priority value
as a javac replacement. Each of these scripts should, IMHO, be
javac alternatives as well. But what should their priority be?
Which classes are better? Any ideas?

- Adam