Tomcat4 manager application

I upgraded my tomcat4 packages to version 4.0.2-1 last week.

One minor nitpick: the tomcat4-webapps package does not install the
applications by default. I had to create symlinks in
/usr/share/tomcat4/webapps to make them work. It would be nice if the
package installed those links by itself.

Another problem is more serious: I tried to connect to the manager
application, using this URL:
http://andor.geens.internal:8180/manager/list

The browser asks me for a username/password. (I have added a user in
the manager role to the tomcat-users.xml file.) But then, I get a 500
internal server error.

The Exception given is this (stack trace truncated):

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
root cause:
java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

I have security disabled in /etc/defaults/tomcat4.

Any ideas?

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>