Re: confused about what to depend on ;(

    Ola> On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 12:26:34AM +0000, Conrad Wood wrote:
    >> hmm.. is there something like a jdk-dev package that follows
    >> some well-defined standard on what is included? Or is it worth
    >> putting a jdk-config script in each jdk package (similar to
    >> gtk-config) I don't really want to make it dependent on j2sdk,
    >> because it's *likely* to work with other jdks too.

    Ola> Well I do not think there is such a package. Maybe someone
    Ola> else on debian-java@lists.debian.org knows.

Nope, no such package exists.  all you are guarenteed by depending on
java-compiler, the closest think to what you're describing, is that
javac exists and supports a reasonable collection of command-line
options.

As for depending on something other than j2sdk1.[34], that's your job
as a package maintainer to establish.

--
Stephen

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety -- Benjamin Franklin %