Re: Bundling J2SDK 1.4?

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> Is someone working to add a 1.4 JDK to debian?

Sun's JDK isn't exactly DFSG and Blackdown and IBM's version have similar
problems. Currently they're even impossible to include in the non-free
section due to some legal issues[0].

However, thanks to the work of Stephen Zander we're able to include a line
in sources.list. J2SDK 1.4 is currently a blackdown betaversion; IIRC it's
in the unstable-archive on the blackdown-mirrors (see blackdown.org for
mirrors). Only available for i386, PPC and Sparc AFAIK.

regards,
Thomas

[0] See the archives for more. In addition there's a GR regarding the
removal of non-free from debian alltogether I heard.
--

	[T]he right to be left alone -- the most comprehensive of rights
	and the right most valued by civilized man.