Re: blackdown jdk and current sid libc6 (2.3.x)

Rupa Schomaker wrote:

Just an FYI:

Blackdown and Sun's 1.3.1 don't play well with libc 2.3.x.

IBM's 1.3.1 does seem to work fine (at least so far).  I've build an
ibm .deb using alien plus some pre/postrm to update alternatives.  My
deb is no where near distributable (even if the license allowed it)
but I did want to give a datapoint as to what works...

So far so good.

It would be really cool if you made a .deb of the script(s) to convert the .rpm to a .deb and install it (maybe even use wget to get it?).

Although you might need to get it dhs compliant.

-g