Re: Tomcat4 manager application

Thank you, I tried with mod_jk (not mod_jk2 because I use Apache 1.3) and it
works.

I had some problems with the file upload with Tomcat 3 and mod_jk using
ajp13 (No problem with ajp12 so I used ajp12 for the applications where I
needed file upload). With Tomcat 4.0.3 - mod_jk - ajp13 I had the same
problem with the upload (Tomcat 4 does not support ajp12), so I tried with
mod_webapp (and the upload worked).
Fortunately with Tomcat 4.1.12 - mod_jk - ajp13 everithing works fine
(manager application, file upload).
I have only another (not so important) problem to solve with Tomcat 4.1.12 -
mod_jk:
if I create an alias for Apache in httpd.conf to point to a resource in the
webapps directory of Tomcat, I get always a 403 - access denied error (for
html and jsp files). This happens also with the examples application, using
the standard mod_jk.conf file that comes with mod_jk.
Removing the alias, Tomcat serves all the files correctly, and if I put a
deny directive for a directory under Tomcat webapps, Apache denies the
access (correctly!).

So, I will use Tomcat4.1.12 - mod_jk.

Bye,
Marco.