Re: Ok, I'm back. I hope.

Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> writes:

> I'm really trying to make an effort at getting back on the Kaffe horse.
> As a token of that effort I am uploading a really lousy effort at a
> 1.0.7 package.

Glad to have you back on board the fool's ship that is Java!

> Mostly I've just taken a few basic steps and made sure that it runs
> with Freenet.

How did you do it? I can't get a jikes-1.17 compiled freenet to run
with kaffe. It's probably the compiler's fault, though, as Blackdown's
1.3.1 javac produces something that runs somewhat.

[TODO]
> - Breaking all of the .jar files out into a kaffe-common package and
> moving the jars into share.

Hmm, the latter does not depend on the former and is more important:
it's responsible for two of the bugs that threaten kaffe's removal
from the archive. If I understood AJT correctly, the removals will
happen RSN.

If you need a quick hand, I could do a NMU. That issue shouldn't need
too deep an understanding.

--
Robbe